City Church is a Foursquare church in Redding, California. We are a growing community of believers who believe in loving God, growing together, and serving our community and the world. Our mission is focused on connecting people with Jesus and growing them into fully functional disciples of Jesus. And we create a greenhouse environment for this to take place. Consider making City Church your home.
About City Church
At City Church, we love to take people from spiritual infancy to spiritual parenthood and grandparenthood. We take people from whatever stage they are in and provide a welcoming environment where they can grow in relationship with God and with others. Some of the practical ways we implement our vision include:
- Celebrate Recovery: a 12-step ministry that’s Christ-centered and Bible-based and helps people heal from hurts, hang-ups, and habits.
- City Church Kids Zone: a Sunday morning ministry for the little ones from infancy to fifth graders.
- City Church Youth Group: a place where young people from grades 6 through 12 can form relationships and grow closer to Jesus.
- Adult Ministries: specialized groups, such as Women’s Ministry, Iron Men of Faith, and Encore! for older adults, that get people connected.
- Qadash: Ministry School: a school of church leadership that prepares men and women to answer the call that’s on their lives.
The Foursquare churches grew out of the ministry of Aimee Semple McPherson, an early 20th-century evangelist who began a movement of salvation, healing, and social ministry in Los Angeles that then spread around the world. She defined her mission as “the Foursquare gospel”, where Jesus is the Savior, the Healer, the Baptizer, and the Soon-Coming King and founded the Angelus Temple in 1923. Out of this movement came a network of Foursquare churches, of which City Church is a part.
There’s a place for everyone at City Church—people of every age, nationality, and socioeconomic status are welcome to become a part of our community. Are you interested in growing in your relationship with God and with others? Then come to City Church, a Foursquare church in Redding, and join the movement.